No more progress to report on rolling over, not for lack of encouragement from me or Brian.
Nathan is still growing and changing in other ways. His hand-eye coordination continues to improve, and for the first time is reaching for and playing with toys during tummy time instead of just looking at them. His favorite thing to play with right now is a set of keys.
I think Nathan's improving hand-eye coordination is partially due to the jumper. We always put a few toys on the tray for him to play with, and he has been doing a great job picking them up, holding them, and getting them to his mouth.
Nathan is starting to have trouble again sleeping through the night. He was up 5 times last night between 8:30pm and 7:30am. Twice I just rocked him back to sleep, and I nursed him to sleep the other three times. Nap times are also suffering. He will be so tired, but will fight me as I try to rock him to sleep. There's a lot of groaning and grunting and writhing before he will finally give in and fall asleep. He's also waking up 40 minutes to 1 hour into his nap, but he's still tired, so we go through the rocking/groaning/grunting/writhing thing again so he can have the second half of his nap. Hopefully this fun phase will be over quickly!
Brian just started a new rotation in Internal Medicine. One good thing is that Brian will only have call on the weekends, instead of every 4th day like he did on OB. This coming weekend is his Black weekend (working Sat am to Sunday noon), but Aunt Karen is planning on coming for a visit (if she's not snowed in!) so I'm really looking forward to having company instead of Nathan and I spending the whole weekend by ourselves!
Nathan's up from his late afternoon nap so I'm off to provide more encouragement about rolling over!




I hear the classical nusic in the background! I love laughing out loud when I read these entries. Thanks! Gran/Mom
ReplyDelete