Brian had a 3 day weekend this past weekend - whoo hoo! So he was able to to get his sleeping schedule adjusted off night shift, do some work on the truck and also have some family time.
Friday night we had a get together with the other 2nd year anesthesia residents and their attending physicians, and Nathan was the hit of the party (practically). We had a nice time, but due to my goof, Nathan ended up staying up until 9:30 that night (I forgot to bring Nathan's food and pjs with us, he fell asleep on the ride home, then we had to wake him up to feed him and get him dressed for bed, by this time he was NOT sleepy). However that meant that he slept until almost 8:00 the next morning, letting Brian and me sleep in as well! We had a lazy morning, with both of us napping during Nathan's first nap. But then it was time to get down to business: while Brian took Nathan to buy stuff for his truck, I worked on mopping and cleaning the house. The rest of the day Brian spent working on his truck (front brakes and suspension), and Nathan and I did the usual.
Nathan and I kept Daddy company as he worked on the truck.
Sunday was church, and then more work on the truck during the afternoon. That evening we headed out to the Branch Ranch for a potluck and fireworks. Brian and I weren't sure how long Nathan would last, since the party didn't start until 6:00, but as usual he surprised us with how agreeable he was. He took a short nap on the way out to the ranch, which I'm sure helped with his cheerful attitude. We had lots of yummy food, and got to hang out with good friends. Thanks to Jennie (as always) for taking some great pictures!
Brian caught multple fish that night...
...which Nathan got to play with!
Nathan lasted until almost 9:00, and we got to see a few fireworks being shot off before we headed home. Then on our way home, we saw more fireworks from a distance (not sure what show in town they were coming from, but at least we got to see some!).
Monday morning Brian finished work on the truck and then we headed over to Salem Lake for a walk.
Brian and Nathan looking at the ducks.
Nathan fell asleep in the jogging stroller during the first few minutes of our walk, so Brian and I decided to walk long enough that he would have a good nap. The trail around the lake is 7 miles, but we weren't that ambitious, and ended up walking for a little over an hour. Brian and I had good conversation and some much needed exercise! It was a nice end to weekend!
A view from the trail overlooking Salem Lake.
Nathan was still fast asleep when we got back to the car.




No comments:
Post a Comment