Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sand, Waves and Sun

Ok, I want to get this posted but I'm tired and spent too much time reading random blogs instead of working on mine, so this will be more pics and less chatting then I would like...

Thursday morning of last week, Mom, Nathan and I drove out to St. Simons Island to the beach.  I love the beach!!! Here are our pics.

The first thing Nathan did was grab a handful of sand...

... and put it in his mouth.  He didn't act as disgusted as I expected.  In fact, he tried to eat a couple more hand-fulls.  Luckily, he decided to stop that rather quickly.

Probably one of my favorite pics of me and Nathan in a long time!

Look at that happy boy (cool umbrella, huh?)!

We spent about 2 hours at St. Simons, playing in the shallows and also in the deeper water with Nathan.  Then Mom bought us shaved ices, and they were super good.  I hadn't had shaved ice in years.  I got pink lemonade and Mom got pina colada and we shared.  Her's was yummy and sweet and mine was yummy and tart.  Then back in the car, with Nathan napping on the way home.

For our last night of the visit, Mom bought shrimp for dinner.  I LOVE SHRIMP!  Then a little play time on the floor with Papaw (and Nathan's new favorite toy - an unopened bag of prunes).


Fabulous picture of Papaw, Gran and Nathan!

No comments:

Post a Comment