Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yummy, Yummy Taquitos

No, I didn't feed Nathan taquitos!  But, I found a new recipe that I LOVE last week, and today I'm making it for my parents and grandparents and decided to share it because I really thought it was amazing.  I found it while blog surfing at Our Best Bites.  First, I made their Taco Chicken, purposely making lots of leftovers to use in the taquitos.  I didn't love the taco chicken by itself (I thought it needed a little something else to make it special, I just don't know what that "else" is yet.).  But then a few nights later, I used the leftover shredded chicken to make Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos.  AMAZING!  It made 14 taquitos, I ate 5 and Brian ate 4, then we had an intense debate about who would get the leftovers for lunch.  Anyways, we thought it was a super tasty, relatively healthy Mexican dish.  Hope you try it and agree!

1 comment:

  1. These are about the best thing spicy treats I've put in my mouth lately...and I'm thrilled that they are "make ahead", low fat and reheat beautifully in the microwave. I give it a 3 Yum rating and never order fried taquitos again! Mom

    ReplyDelete