Here we go, to wrap up the birthday weekend pictures (I still need to go through the MANY minutes of videos Brian took of the weekend... it may be a while before I share any highlights if I ever get around to it at all.)
Thank goodness for all the help I had in the kitchen and around the house on Saturday afternoon. I left more of the party prep for the last day then I had planned on, but the whole family eagerly jumped in to help wherever they were needed. While the grandfathers entertained Nathan out in the back yard, the ladies were in the kitchen decorating cupcakes and prepping all the other party food.
And the party decorations...
Nathan got his own number 1 cake. I thought it turned out cute!
Since we had planned on leaving the gate to the sunporch open in case people wanted to spread out to eat, Nana was helping Nathan learn how to go up and down the step. Nathan made some progress, but still was mainly trying to go down the step face first. The coming up part went a little better.
Nathan's adorable 1st birthday shirt that Kiera made for him!
And then the celebration began!! I tried to balance getting pictures of the evening with just enjoying the party, so I ended up with fewer group pictures then I thought. Here are most of our friends who were able to celebrate with us!
Nathan wasn't into grabbing handfulls of his first birthday cake. In fact, he was more interested in poking at it then eating it.
Playing with Aunt Karen was also more fun then eating cake!
But he finally got cake and icing on his face (and on his eyelashes!)
Nathan's first birthday weekend ended up being fantastic! Thanks to everyone who helped it be extra special! Thanks for all the great presents and help with food and everything else! What great memories we Brian and I will have of Nathan's first birthday celebration!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment