Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Our Buddy's Birthday

On Monday, Nathan and I got together with our friends G and C to celebrate G's first birthday!  We began the fun by meeting up at a local bakery and C treated everyone to yummy treats.  We got white on white cake squares for the boys, coffee and treats for us moms, then took all our goodies outside to enjoy.  The boys got down to business eating cake in their strollers. 

What is this amazing stuff?

Nathan can't shove it in fast enough!

As you can tell, G enjoyed his birthday cake!

Time for a drink after such a yummy treat!

I just gave Nathan cake, not the icing, which I realized helps with that cute messy-cake-face look.  But I'll know for his birthday party pictures!  I figured the cake itself would be more then enough sugar for Nathan since he's not used to eating such decadent goodness, especially first thing in the morning!  

After finishing our treats, we were off the the children's museum.  Nathan and I had never been, so I was super excited to see what the museum had to offer.  The boys had a great time and so did the moms!  I can definitely see buying a membership for us after Nathan starts walking.  

Oh, the bad news of the day was that I broke both (yes BOTH) of my camera lenses while at the museum, hence no pictures.  Brian, my hero, fixed my favorite lens (for the second time - sheesh, I really need to be more careful with my camera, expensive electronics and small children don't seem to mix well), and the other less used lens is waiting for him to have a little more free time. 

But other then that bummer, we had a really nice day!

1 comment:

  1. That's rough! Breaking the lenses. But cute pics and glad the museum was fun.

    ReplyDelete