I had been planning on doing this for a while, but last week the perfect opportunity presented itself. I knew that having a dedicated drawer or cabinet in the kitchen for Nathan's kitchen playthings would be a huge blessing to keep him occupied while I worked in the kitchen. One day I accidentally left one of the drawers open (the second from the bottom) and Nathan crawled over and pulled himself up. The drawer held the plastic baggies, aluminum foil, etc, so there was nothing dangerous, but plenty of items for Nathan to pull out and make a mess with. I quickly made sure that the drawer would support Nathan pulling up on it, and it would when pulled about half way out. So I stopped what I was working on and assembled a variety of kitchen items for Nathan and replaced the drawer contents. Now whenever I'm doing work in the kitchen, I open Nathan's drawer and he scoots over, pulls up and digs through to find something fun to play with! Both Mommy and Nathan are happy!
Whee! Brilliant! I never thought of the 2nd drawer...since you 2 could open and close the bottom one so easily. He is such a little boy now.
ReplyDelete