Monday, October 18, 2010

No More Booboos, Please!

Brian took this super cute picture of Nathan and me the other day.  Adorable!

Last week I accidentally scratched Nathan's face (above the right corner of his mouth, you can still kind of see it in the picture).  I was sitting on the floor with my legs straight out in front of me and Nathan was trying to climb over them.  He was doing a good job, but then abruptly toppled over and was about to face-plant on the kitchen floor.  My hands shot out to try and catch him. I didn't.  And I scratched Nathan's face in the process, drawing a little blood.  Way to add insult to injury, Mom!  Needless to say, Nathan cried after that double whammy. 

The scratch now has healed and I thought to myself today "I hope that nothing happens this week to Nathan's face, I want him to look good for pictures this weekend."  But while playing at the park, Nathan took a lightning-fast nose dive off the first step of the playground equipment into the mulch.  Mulch all over his face and in his hair, and some nice scratches on his forehead.  Perfect!  But the scratches aren't too bad and should look OK by the weekend.  And yes, he cried again and had a hard time shaking it off, though the fall wasn't very far and I knew he didn't seriously hurt himself.  Thankfully I gave him some raisins that I found in his carseat (just one day old) and everything was right with the world again!

1 comment:

  1. Katie, so funny about not wanting Nathan to have any marks on his face for birthday pictures. I've been there too but realized that is so normal and cannot be helped. Plus it gives great stories to tell! Forever. Just ask Kevin!

    ReplyDelete