Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Nathan "Call Work"

I love it when Nathan imitates adults, especially his father. I mean, its so stinking cute how he pays such close attention to whatever's happening and then does his very best to do the exact same thing.

During many of Brian's residency rotations, he has to call his attending physician in the evening to discuss the cases for the next day. Brian has always wandered around the house when he's on the phone, and these calls were no exception. During these calls, I would always remind Nathan the he needed to be quiet while Daddy had a "call for work." That phrase turned into "Daddy call work" per Nathan.

Our little mimic then decided he would get in on the "call work" fun and started following Brian around the house with an old cell phone to his ear. From there, he started repeating phrases that Brian would say or laughing right after Brian laughed. I would always stop what I was doing to watch the little parade because it was SO CUTE!! When Brian wasn't at home, Nathan would sometimes play "call work" and he kept repeating this phrase "Brian Kornrumpf day. Pee us." It took me a long time to figure out what he was trying to say, but I finally realized that "pee us" was actually "p, f", as in the last two letters of our last name! He heard Brian (and I) spell our name on the phone so many times, that's what he thought of when he thought of talking on the phone (I never figured out what "day" was supposed to mean).

After talking about getting some of this on video for months, Brian had the brilliant idea of faking a phone call and using his phone to record Nathan's "call work" (we knew that it wouldn't work for me to follow them around with the video camera because Nathan would just run for it as soon as he spotted me). So here are two different takes... and now Nathan can practically spell our whole last name!



No comments:

Post a Comment