During most of Nathan's first year, I tried to do monthly photo shoots with him to document his growth over that period of time. This time around, I was hoping to do the weekly photos with Sarah, mainly because I know that as the second child I'll probably be taking significantly fewer pictures of her then I did of Nathan as an infant. But as you saw last week, and as you can see from the picture above, Nathan is not about to let his little sister get a photo op without him involved! In fact, because I had her pink bear sitting with her, he had to run and grab Ra-ra, Kitty Cat and (this week) Bear out of his crib. But at least I can prop Sarah up against Nathan!
Over the past week, Sarah has definitely been less sleepy then during the first weeks. Overall, this is a fun development... except when it comes to putting her down for naps... or, even worse, for the hours between 6ish and 10ish at night. Although most of my ideals for her sleep have come crashing down around me, I am still committed to TRYING to put her down for naps and bed awake but drowsy so that she can learn to fall asleep by herself (trying to avoid some of the worst sleep issues we had with Nathan during those first months). But the evening hours have been pretty difficult for the past few days, as Brian, Gran and I have been passing her around, holding her and trying to keep her from fussing but never really getting her into a deep sleep and certainly not getting her to sleep in the crib. Tonight (so far) has been a much better success with her sleeping in her crib, for which I am so thankful! Especially since Brian works nights next week and I've decided that after my Mom goes home it's time for me to sink or swim as a mom of two (though help has assured me it's only a phone call and a few hours' drive away)!
Sarah keeps smiling more (involuntarily I'm sure), but it is so adorable and I can't wait until she starts smiling on purpose! She also has this sound effect that she makes, probably a grunt, but Brian calls it her "machine gun sound." Unfortunately she was doing it a lot last night when I was nursing her in bed, which made it much harder for Mommy and Daddy to doze during the feeding. She also continues to surprise me how contented she is, right after a nap and feeding, to sit in her little chair or to lie on her back while life goes on around her. She also loves looking at the Christmas tree lights!
No comments:
Post a Comment