Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sarah’s Six Weeks

Sarah turned six weeks old last Friday and I was able to take lots of pictures while she napped in front of the front door.  She obligingly let me keep moving and posing her while slumbering, and since it was also Nathan’s naptime I didn’t have my other little helper to distract me and/or steal the limelight.
IMG_7183-1
Sarah is now responding with more smiles when she's awake. Of course I'm biased, but I think she is even more adorable then usual when she smiles!
IMG_7094-3
Sarah is also starting to sleep longer stretches at night.  About half of the nights this past week, she only woke up once during the night.  I'm loving this development!
IMG_7134-1
IMG_7126-1
One thing I forgot to mention in the “Sibling Love” post is how Nathan always says “Sarah funny noise” when Sarah makes her baby moans and sighs and grunts.  So cute!
IMG_7080-1-2
Sarah’s hair has been gradually turning lighter.  Sometime, maybe about two weeks ago, Brian commented that Sarah’s roots looked like they were coming in blond.  Now (to me) it just looks like her hair is a medium brown but still no longer then when she was born.  She still has a thick (and darker) patch of hair at the base of her head.
IMG_7137
IMG_7075-1-2
Life is still going way more smoothly then anticipated with a new baby, and for that we’re continually thankful!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Goodness! I don't know which adorable picture to put as my new computer wallpaper. Wonder if I can make a collage...
    Gran

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Aunt Karen: Sarah is pure joy. She has such a sweetness about her when she's sleeping. What a doll!

    ReplyDelete