Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Blast from the Past: Other Knoxville Fun

Since I'm finally getting my act together and punching out posts like there's no tomorrow, I thought I'd go back and share some pictures and stories from June that never got posted before the move.

When we visited Knoxville at the beginning of June, one of the highlights for the whole family, and especially Nathan, was riding in the Oldsmobile!  I totally never envisioned this scene when Brian and I were dating in college and rode everywhere in the Olds!


The kids were excited before the trip started and they were excited the whole time we were driving as well!



This particular evening, we took the car to Granddaddy and Grandmother's house to have dinner with them and Gran and Pawpaw.  Thanks to a discrete text from Brian, I was able to run downstairs and capture a picture of this scene in the workshop.


As we left we got a family picture in the Olds and we couldn't have kept the grin off Nathan's face if we had tried!


In related news, Nathan is obsessed with convertibles now.  Whenever we are driving, or walking around the city or looking out the windows of the apartment, he ALWAYS exclaims loudly when he sees a "convertible car".

* * *

The kids and I had a blast one day picking blueberries with Nana.  Neither child was really interested in eating the blueberries (even with numerous readings of "Blueberries for Sal"), but that didn't mean that they weren't willing to work hard alongside us adults.  I was super impressed when Sarah started out picking WAY more blueberries then green berries, but later she evened out the score and ended up with about half ripe and half unripe berries.  We also got to pick pie cherries and sour cherries out of Nana's new yard, but the raspberries weren't ripe yet.  I'm looking forward to making this a summer tradition with the kids after next year!


Yes, both kids look ghostly white because I was too lazy to to rub their sunscreen in all the way.


Nathan an excellent job picking ripe berries, but then he loved shaking around his bucket so much that they all ended up squished and soggy.  But he and Sarah were both diligent workers and neither got bored or tired before Carroll and I finished picking.


I forgot to include this picture in the Smokey Mountains post, but at some point during our morning I decided to sit down and read my book.  Sarah had other plans - SHE wanted to continue the Haubenreich family tradition of reading by the stream!


1 comment:

  1. Awww! Loved it! AND our facebook call last night. Mimi

    ReplyDelete