Sunday, July 28, 2013

This and That

We went rug shopping about two weeks ago to find something to decrease the "echoy-ness" of the kids rooms. The kids LOVED exploring in the carpet warehouse.  They also found a hideous but very soft blue carpet that Nathan kept declaring was the perfect choice.  He did not end up getting his way that time!


Sarah loves to ask for either "doo-dee" or "I-T" (cookies or ice cream) as her after-meal treat.  None of the rest of us eat our Oreos this way, but she loves to pull the cookies apart and eat the mint cream filling first.  Eating the cookies after that is just option - she already got the good stuff!  I always sog my Oreos, so she has started asking to "dip" her cookie halves into my milk as well.  This particular morning she also managed to purloin a sharpie marker and tattoo her cheek.  Thankfully it isn't as permanent on skin as I always expect it to be!



Sarah is convinced that underwear also doubles as acceptable head-wear.  Usually she snags Nathan's undies (since they're in the bottom drawer and therefore easily accessible), but this particular day Daddy was with her in her room and took her wishes and ran with it, accessorizing her undie-hat with two bows.  When I tried to sneakily take off the bows (after quite a while of her wearing it), she fussed at me ("bow, bow, bow, bow!") until I replaced them and apologized for messing with her style. 



As requested, here's another picture of Brian's bird carving from the opposite side, where the dual-tone wood color can be seen better.  No more carvings have been produced this month - Brian's been occupied with other endeavors, primarily studying for his anesthesia written boards that he'll take next Tuesday, July 30th.  I'm confident that he'll pass with flying colors, but prayers are always appreciated!


For quite a while I've been meaning to post a peanut allergy update and thankfully there's not much to report!  Sarah has had zero additional reactions even though I know I've accidentally given her stuff processed with peanuts (though I'm not sure if it was on same equipment or just in the same facility).  But we've gone (basically) peanut and tree-nut free in the house, trying to avoid giving her anything processed with any kind of nut even though we don't know if she's actually allergic to tree nuts.  I say "basically" because occasionally Brian and I sneak a nut containing snack after the kids' bedtimes!

Our pediatrician in Winston-Salem had given us a referral to an allergist after Sarah's visit to the ER, however we ended up canceling the appointment.  Our plan was to wait a little longer, so she would be a little older and (mostly) so we could get her an appointment with some fabulous allergist here in Boston.  I imagine that appointment will happen sometime in the next six months, and I'll give everyone an update when there's something new to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment