Our Day in Iphone Photos. I feel like this might be the best way for me to document our year in Boston. No editing photos - my goal is just to take, caption and post!
Our flight from Greensboro to Philly was delayed by an hour, so how better to kill time then to enjoy chocolate frosted doughnuts (kids) and and everything bagel with cream cheese (me, of course)!
The kids entertaining themselves beautifully as we waited on the plane. Nathan had a blast with his Nanobug that some residency friends gave him as a gift and Sarah was playing with the Snoopy figures, two of which came from our visit with Juanita (across the street neighbor who moved away). Thanks friends for keeping our kids supplied with toys!
The kids were so excited to watch our plane taxi to the airport.
On the plane, I let Nathan get a special "bubbly drink" aka Sprite. Turns out he was not a fan!
Sarah just enjoyed playing with the numerous straws that our flight attendant gave us. But don't let this contented lap baby fool you, she did NOT want to sit on my lap for take-off! There was a few minutes of weeping and gnashing of teeth, but finally I was able to bribe her with something (veggie straws?) and got her to settle down.
Who says no one reads the safety cards in the seat back pocket in front of you?
Both my kids loved them - literally!
Not pictured: the sprint through the Philly airport holding a screaming Sarah and hearing Nathan behind me "Mommy, I'm getting tired!" God heard my pleadings that we not miss our connection because it was the first gate when we got off the shuttle bus AND the plane had been delayed 20 minutes! That bought us enough time for a bathroom/diaper break and for me to buy lunch for the plane (pretzels and hummus and a ham sandwich).
My lemon aid juice boxes were a hit with both kids. Sarah also enjoyed sitting on the floor during the flights.
Not pictured: My incredibly joyous face when I realized that our checked bag also made the connecting flight!!
Then it was on to the bus and the "T". Here they are staring into the black oblivion inside the underground portion.
Nathan repeating "no, no, no" as I try and document the kids' first T ride.
Sarah wanted to cooperate, though.
Nathan casually waiting for our connecting train.
This time Sarah finally decided to surrender and climb into my lap, where the motion and sound of the train IMMEDIATELY lulled her to sleep!
We got off the T, walked to the realtor's office to pick up our apartment key, then made it to the apartment. Was I sure happy to dump all my luggage off! But no time to rest, we had to go pick up signs from city hall to reserve space for our moving truck for Tuesday morning.
Oh yeah, then the kids proceeded to climb on this sign that says "Town of Brookline, Incorporated 1705". The history that we're going to experience in this town is going to be crazy!
On the walk back to the apartment, we stopped in which I initially thought was a convenient store to pick up a gallon of milk. Turned out when we got in there, I had taken my children into an ABC store. Oops! Nathan offered to help me carry the milk home... he got about three steps before he decided it was too heavy and handed it back.
View from our window at about 5:00.
What's for dinner? A walk down to the neighborhood pizza and sub joint. Don't your kids eat at the counter in a seven-seater pizza joint all the time?
I cheated a bit since this wasn't an ipod photo (but I didn't edit it - gasp!). After dinner we all just needed to survive until bedtime so I handed out the Ipod and Iphone to the kids. You can see that my kids were thrilled with my choice of activity. The sheet on the floor? The "bed" for all three of us tonight.
The bed's actually calling my name. Hope I can move in the morning after sleeping on the floor with a bath towel for a pillow!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago





Great idea--post & go! God is good that you & your luggage made it AND the kids cooperated so you could get the truck parking pass. An adventure the children will remember for a long time with these pictures. Mimi
ReplyDeleteWe so did that moving to Winston sleeping on the floor! Not a pretty pic in the morning! Hopefully Brian makes it safely!
ReplyDeleteWow! I am impressed things went so well AND that you documented the whole thing!! Your kids are such troopers! Love you dear!
ReplyDeleteJennie