- Unpack and organize kitchen
- Get frustrated with my too shallow cabinets, then figure out a partial solution
- Pack a "Kitchen - To Store" box for things that don't fit in my cabinets
- Start shopping list for Amazon/Target
- Begin assembling kids' beds
- Round up the tools, bolts, washers, etc. that grow little legs and walk away
- Finish assembling kids' beds
- Unpack kids room
- Begin assembling our bed
- Open and search through every unpacked box to find the support legs for our bed. Find it in the very last possible box.
- Finish assembling our bed
- Get internet hooked up
- Set up TV, DVD player, soundbar and Roku
- Clean washing machine and realize that we need to buy HE detergent so I can do laundry
- Discover that you have to let the wash cycle finish completely before the door will unlock. Practically break washing machine door before this is realized.
- Continue working on our list of companies to notify of address change
- Tear shelving out of wall in master closet (Katie) and repair (Brian)
- Adjust master closet door so that it can actually be opened
- Unwrap remaining shrink-wrapped furniture and throw away garbage bags full of shrink wrap
- Cook hotdogs on the stove in a cast iron pan because we don't have a grill anymore
- Break down 30ish boxes
- Unpack master
- Assemble DIY fruit fly trap
- Browse Facebook, Amazon, blogs and boards about wood carving
- Look up activities in Boston to celebrate the 4th tomorrow!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




I laughed out loud several times. Woodcarving? Do I have anything you wish you had? Quick! Tell me ASAP before I box up more things tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteLots of love, Mom
From Aunt Karen: Love seeing the progress you are making along with how well the children are adapting to their new surroundings. Wow, you're moving right along just as I expected. I too wondered about woodcarving!? Yes, the HE washer will take longer than the one you were used to. I did the same thing on the one we had for less than a week and then back it went. Can't wait to read about how you all celebrated the 4th! Thank goodness you married a handy man as I did who can fix just about anything. I'd love to get your new address and meant to ask for it long before now. I'd love to start sending letters. Take care. See you in two weeks in GA. Love to all!
ReplyDelete