I've been busy with new activities and projects, so I may be light on blogging for the next little bit as I try to get a handle on everything.
I took a photography class Tuesday night with Jennie, and bought a DSLR camera on Wednesday. It should arrive early next week and I can't wait to get started learning how to take great pictures with it! Since I was gone to class that evening, it was up to Brian to put Nathan to bed. I left some milk for Nathan in a sippy cup, however it didn't go over very well. It took 45 minutes of fussing and crying for Nathan to get to sleep, poor boy!
I've spent a lot of time over the past few months working on making my blog into hard copy format. My original plan was to make a book, and I downloaded software from Blurb.com that allows you to import your blog entries directly into your book layout. However, I was being VERY particular about how I wanted the pages formatted and spent many, MANY hours working on it. I've now decided its just too time intensive and have a new plan (which means abandoning all the work that I've done to date). I'm going to just print out the text and pictures and put them into a scrap book. Today I'm going to pick up everything I've printed for the blog posts from January and we'll give my new plan a shot. Wish me luck!
Another project that I've spent some fruitless time on is turning our home videos into DVDs that can be watched on the TV. Again, I spent a couple hours on this project, only to burn the DVD and realize that the free software couldn't convert the sound files (or something), and we ended up with silent movies. Boo! But I now have a lead on some new software that I'm going to try the free 30 day trial of to see if that will work for me. But I don't want to start that until I get a handle on the blog book.
Of course, all of this is going on in between the daily tasks of cleaning, laundry, playing with Nathan, errands, cooking, reading with Nathan, etc. And I naively thought I would have all sorts of free time and potentially be bored as a stay at home mom! Silly me!
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment