When we started double diapering Nathan way back when, I knew a lot of the need was due to how many feedings he had while still in the same diaper (we finally realized that we didn't have to change a wet only diaper in the middle of the night - that was a huge bonus!). Back then it was the going-to-sleep feeding, the dream feed and a middle of the night feed. I haven't fed Nathan in the middle of the night for months, but his diapers were still pretty full in the mornings, so we continued with the double diapers. At about eight months old, I decided it was time to work at getting rid of the dream feed as well. I was usually dream feeding around 10pm, right before I got ready for bed. So I started by moving the feeding up by half an hour for a few days, then to 9:00 and then to 8:30. I was stuck at 8:30-9:00 for maybe two weeks (I would just get busy doing something after dinner and before I knew it, it was 9:00 already!). While Nathan and I were visiting my parents a few weeks ago, I got Nathan up for his dream feed one night and he didn't want to nurse! So I put him back down (thankfully he went right back to sleep!) and I took that as a cue that dream feeding was over. We quit cold turkey and (so far) he hasn't woken up wanting to nurse in the evenings or during the night. So with two of the three feedings gone, Nathan's morning diapers weren't full to the brim anymore, but I hadn't worked up the courage to try a single diaper (I really didn't want him waking up super early because of leakage). But Saturday night Brian suggested trying it without the second diaper, and Nathan made it through perfectly until morning! Thus, we bid "adieu" to double diapering.
No comments:
Post a Comment