Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Whirl-wind Painting and 9 Month Checkup

Nana (Carroll) came Monday for a visit with Nathan (and got Brian and me as an added bonus), and we have been having a great visit!  I think there has been one visit ever with the Kornrumpfs that hasn't involved tackling a home improvement project (which was right after Nathan was born), and this visit was no exception to that trend.  But first...

Tuesday morning was Nathan's nine month checkup, and we have updated stats to share!
  Length: 28 1/2 inches (50%)
  Weight: 21lb 1 oz (50%)
  Head: 18 1/4 inches (75%)
I thought that Nathan's growth had been slowing down, and the stats prove it!  The doctor said that Nathan was doing great, super healthy (thank you God!) and also was one of the easiest and most cooperative 9 month olds she'd seen in a long time.  Still no teeth and no real crawling, but those will come with time.

While we were at the doctor's, Nana got started on our little project for the week: finish painting the big basement room, including... ceiling, walls, baseboards, crown molding, door molding, door, closet door, fireplace as well as door moldings and closet doors for other downstairs rooms.  Like I said, a little project.  But we've made terrific progress over the past two days and the room is really starting to come together.  I mentioned to Brian last night that I can now envision myself choosing to spend time in the room rather than it being a cobwebby, dark place that I don't dare go into without real shoes on because of the risk of stubbing my toe on junk, stepping on a nail, or needing to smoosh any bug that decides to jump out at me.  Anyway, I'm super excited about the progress and am so thankful for the help!

Oh, and between all the coats of paint, we've been having fun playing on the floor with new toys, showing Nana how well we can scoot and how good we are at feeding ourselves, and lots of other fun Nathan stuff.  But this full schedule leaves me pretty tired, so that's all for today.  Maybe some before and after pictures of the basement soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment