Fast-forward to a month or two ago, I started singing the "clean up" song and made sure Nathan was watching me as I picked up his room. Then one night as we were picking up the blocks in his room, Brian held one out for Nathan and then "helped" him drop it into the bucket with the rest of the blocks. After "helping" Nathan help us clean up for a while, in the past 2-3 weeks he's started putting away blocks by himself sometimes! We'll put a small block next to him, and he will pick it up and drop it in the box! He's not 100% consistent yet, sometimes he wants to chew on the block instead, sometimes he'll miss the box and sometimes he'll try to retrieve the block from the box after he's dropped it in, but I'm super excited that we're already teaching him how to help clean up his room! 9 months old isn't too young to start chores, is it??
Back To School Night - Germantown Hills, IL (2016)
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment